ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
Ragging has been recognized as a Human Rights Violation. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited and the students involved would be punished according to the legal provisions.
According to Section 4 of The Prohibition & Eradication of Ragging Bill, 2019 ragging constitutes –
The ragging shall include following acts,—
- any conduct by any student or a group of students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating, torturing, or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- indulging in rowdy or in disciplinary activities by any student or a group of students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student
- asking any student to do any act which such student shall not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
- any act by a Student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher
- exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of student
- any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- any act of physical abuse including sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person
- any act or abuse, by use of spoken words, telephone, short message service (SMS), e-mails, multi-media messaging service, post, public insults, pornographic material, photographs or video clips, etc., to derive perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture or fresher or any other student
- any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.” If any student is found indulging in any of the above activities, he/she will be punished according to the relevant legal provisions. All the students are directed to refrain from indulging in any of these activities.
The students are required to contact the members of the Anti Ragging Committee in case any incident related to ragging takes place on the premises of the institute.
The faculty members of the Anti Ragging Committee are –
- Dr. Sushanta Naik
- Dr. Gautam Mishra
- Mr. Tanishk Gautam
- Ms. Sanskriti Pathak
- Ms. Khushboo Ali
- Ms. Manvi Gupta
Student Members of the Anti Ragging Committee are –
- Mr. Sarve Nazir
- Ms. Devanshi Pandey